Thursday, May 7, 2009

Heading Out

Well, I've been in Misawa for a week, and I'm finally ready to head out to the desert. Misawa is a wonderful place. Very rural and laid back. The base is very well kept and there's a ton of things to do with the family. We're really going to love it here.

BUT.....

Before I get to do all of that, I'll need to complete this deployment. The family is doing pretty well. My oldest daughter is having a bit of a hard time, but I think she'll eventually adjust. She's always been a daddy's girl, and I underestimated how much this was going to affect her. We have been talking via video chat every day, so that has helped. Also, before I left I took her to Build-A-Bear and got her a stuffed animal that has my voice recorded in it. She's being really tough, but inside she's hurting a bit. I keep her informed on the base and let her know that I'm thinking about her. I'm pretty sure she'll figure this out soon, and she'll get on with life.

I have a nearly two day adventure ahead of me. I'm flying from here via Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Dubai to reach my destination. It should be interesting. I'm flying backwards in time, so day and hour wise it doesn't seem as long as it really is. I have a good book, my MP3 player and my computer, so hopefully I'll pass the time well.

I'm looking forward to getting on with this. The anticipation has been making me nuts.

1 comment:

rediahn said...

Sorry, I haven't checked your blog this week. Been very busy. Starting work for friend with Ebay shoe business. Keeping in touch with Erin thru fb. Glad you are proceeding. I'm sure you are very antsy. Gave your blog link to all family through reunion contacts.